Therapeutic massage is an important element of a complete wellness program for your pet. Whether you have a elderly dog, show dog, athlete, or a beloved companion, massage restores and enhances your dog's mental and physical well-being. All therapists at Pawsitive Strides Veterinary Rehabilitation & Therapy are experienced and certified.
BENEFITS OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE:
- Aids in healing and reduces swelling after surgery.
- Improves range of motion.
- Increases circulation.
- Reduces anxiety and increases bond between pet and people.
- Reduces joint and muscle pain.
- Provides comfort during hospice.
- Aids in recovery from exercise.
TYPES OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE:
- Relaxation Massage - Maintains a dogs well-being and helps prevent degeneration of healthy tissues. It is also excellent way for puppies and adult dogs to learn to accept touch.
- Post surgical - Helps control swelling, helps reduce pain and speed healing after surgery.
- Sports Massage- As a regular part of a training program, helps prepare dogs for competition and may reduce the chance of injury. Massage also relaxes tired and sore muscles.
- Palliative Care - Massage helps decrease pain that comes with illness and chronic conditions such as arthritis and immobility.
For more information or to schedule an appointment for therapeutic massage at Pawsitive Strides Veterinary Rehabilitation and Therapy, call 515-575-9655.